In the morning my mom gets a butt load of phone calls. I think this is ridiculous. The people at the temple are always calling to see if she can come in. Well, jeez her oldest daughter is finally in town, can't she get a break? They call because they need help in the kitchen, something's gone wrong (because these ladies can't cook or something), etc etc. Well anyways, during one phone call this morning my mom starts chatting with the lady who called... starts chatting REALLY loudly. My little sister (the youngest of the three) pops out of bed and tells my mom to shut up because she's talking too loudly. I'm awake too. And I was shocked.. then I was even more surprised when my mom didn't yell at her back and actually started talking in a lower voice. What. The. F#@%. I get yelled at and sent down a guilt trip for just raising my voice and this little munchkin (13 years old by the way, stupid hormonal teenagers) gets away with telling her to shut up. I don't understand.
Here's another one: My friend Nikki has a nephew named Aidan. He was the cutest, most adorable, little boy ever. Well he still is adorable, except now he knows how to push his parents and has developed an evil smirk when he's up to no good. He's about 3 years old now. Anyways, his mom was driving him to his grandmother's and I assume she had the radio on. The mother starts singing and Aidan tells her to shut up. I wonder how Aidan got punished because I'm sure his mom wouldn't have let that go. I wanted to laugh out loud when I heard this story, but I was sitting right next to the mother. The mother is the oldest sibling in the family, so I'm sure she would have had no problems whacking my fingers with her chopsticks if I laughed at her.

haha... oh the pangs of being an older sib.
ReplyDelete