Sunday, January 25, 2009

Rosen's

Last night we celebrated Ellie's birthday. For her, it's tradition to go to a karaoke bar. This was my first time going to the karaoke bar with the Coffee Bean gang. Normally, they request the night off and I get stuck working while they go off and sing without me. However, since I no longer work at the store, I finally get to go. With that said, you can probably guess that the people at Coffee Bean suck at handing out invitations. Usually one person will tell two other people and depend on them to spread the word. Or they'll just post up some note in the store and so if you only worked once/twice a week, you wouldn't get the notice in time.


We got the party started with a bottle of Hite. At first we were not allowed to drink in our karaoke room because we had coworkers who were under age. However after everyone else started to show up, the new guests brought alcohol up, and so I snuck up two bottles of Hite for Ellie because the lady working the desk knew her and knew she wasn't suppose to have alcohol. P brought in his own bottle of vodka, but the waiter came up to clean up a bit, and took it away (no outside alcohol allowed. Boo.) No prob, P ended up bring up a water bottle... with some clear liquid that obviously was not water.


I'd have to say the best performance of the night goes to Riley. I finally got to see his famous Billie Jean performance. No one touched the second mic, the floor was all his. He was so into it. The second microphone was on the table behind him, and as he did the Michael Jackson kick, his foot caught the cord of the second mic, and he sent it flying across the room. Riley was so into the performance, I don't think he realized what had happened.


The guys went crazy. Matt did his heavy metal act. JRo danced around. Karl and Riley ended up taking off their shirts. P started showing off some of his fancy footwork. A bunch of us were standing up, arms around each other, singing/screaming, just having a good time. We finally left around 1:30 or 2:00 am.


Great night. I hope the birthday girl has just as much fun as I did. Happy Birthday, Ellie!

No comments:

Post a Comment