Sunday, January 11, 2009

Johnnie's Hot Pastrami


A late night meal (I guess this is what Taco Bell calls fourth meal) at Johnnie's with the Coffee Bean gang is always a fool proof plan for having a good night. This was our first one of the year and I'd say it was good times as usual. We met up at the Bean and helped close. We packed ourselves into one car and headed over to Culver City. We grabbed our usual table near the fire pit. This time we actually finished our food. We usually end up ordering too many baskets of fries, but this time we were spot on and ordered our food like pros. We sat, we ate, we chatted, and ended with the night with RS's cloves.


I never get sick of our conversations. We helped EL find a way to ask Scottie out. I have to admit, the stuff we came up with made it sound like they are meant to go out. RS and I complained about not having any one attractive in our classes. JRo did his usual comments. We cracked some racist jokes/questions. We joked about work related stuff, like how JRo pretended to not speak English in order to avoid helping a customer.


Customer: "Can I have some more milk?"
JRo: "Como?"
Customer gives him a look and turns to Karl and asks him for milk.


We shared stories about our cheap customers:


A little girl came in and asked for a big cup of water. She got it and went outside. She poured out the water into a trash can. She came back into the store and poured milk into her cup. She grabs the chocolate powder and starts dumping some of that in her milk. She grabs a wooden stir stick and spends a good amount of time and energy trying to make chocolate milk. RS just stood there and laughed at the kid as she struggled to get the powder to mix. I would have done the exact same thing. Foolish child.


The laughs are always good. My arteries are clogged and I'm now most likely to die of a heart attack. I shouldn't eat for the next couple of days since I've probably consumed a week's worth of carbs and fat (thanks Heber), but it was well worth the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment