Thursday, January 22, 2009

Un Travail Boiteux= Whack Jokes and a Lack of Creativity

I had a conversation with Ronny yesterday. I can't remember what I said, but I cracked a joke... and then realized that it didn't make a whole lot of sense. Ronny said it did, but admitted it was a pretty lame joke. He said he was ashamed of me for making such a lame joke. And you what/who I blame? Mon nouveau travail boiteux. Yes, and Ronny agreed, a boring monotonous job will kill anyone's sense of creativity and wit.


Today, I had conversation with Bex. As I was saying bye, "Ok ABDC is about to be on. I'm going to make tea, watch tv, and do homework.. damn that could have been a nice rhyme if I could replace 'homework' with something that rhymes with 'tv' or 'tea.'"


The old me would have been able to make the sentence work. I would have been creative enough to make it rhyme and flow. But now... I can't. That's strike two against my creativity and wit. I guess strike 3 could be my lack of interesting things to blog about. Dang, I hope this doesn't affect my dancing. I have to choreograph something for my History of Modern Dance class in two weeks. Thanks a lot, Energy-Sucking-Creativity-Gobbling-Black-Hole.

1 comment:

  1. Not too many people would be upset they could do an on-the-spot rhyme with TV and tea. You set the bar high.

    ReplyDelete