
That means happy new years in Vietnamese.
So there's a belief that whatever you do on New Year's, you will continue to do so for the rest of the year ie if you spend hella money and pig out on New Year's, you will continue to waste money during bad times and contribute to America's rising stats of obese people. I am going to make a list of things I did today and pray that all the good things continue throughout the year.
1.) I got to school early. With that said I should also mention that I have class at noon on Mondays. Also I finished my reading for that class... actually I finished one reading and completely forgot about the other. I hope the New Year's gods forgive that tiny detail because I cannot afford to not be on top of my studies this year.
2.) I went to work on time and enjoyed it today. Lady was out today so I got to go work in the lab. I ate the New Year's food that the staff brought in. I got to kill some cells, scrape proteins off the bottom of a plate, and spin those suckers down. Exciting? No, but for me yes. And most importantly, no filing.
3.) I got some studying done. I worked on my term paper proposal during down time at work. I got some studying done at the library. Let's hope I keep this up. I desperately need to boost my GPA for med school. My friends are rooting for me, but only because we have this ultimate plan: Me= doctor. Nikki= pharmacist. Julie= business owner. Rudy= financial guru. And the four of us are going to work together. I prescribe the pills. Nikki fills the prescription. At night we close the pharmacy and turn it into a hookah lounge that Julie runs and Rudy handles the money. Nikki and I of course have to help run the joint.
4.) I put in extra hours at the lab. I came in today although I am not scheduled for Mondays. I picked colonies (of bacteria cells), drowned them in LB and antibiotics, and left them shaking at 37*C. Hopefully I get a shit load of cells tomorrow that I get to kill and extract DNA.
5.) I was in a happy mood all day. I came home to an apartment full of people, which is nice because after Thelma moved out it's been pretty lonely here. Everyone has been so busy with their own schedules.
6.)Ell and I went grocery shopping, so hopefully this will mean I won't fail in life and end up starving myself while trying to get into med school.
7.) I did not watch a full episode of House. Tonight was a new episode and I didn't watch the whole thing. I hope this interprets into less time wasted in front of the TV this year.
With that said, the night is not over and I have plenty of time to study, work on my term paper, and write up my lab report. Off to a good start!

...so I'm going to waste my life on the internet instead of studying for the rest of my life. That, and blow shit up.
ReplyDeleteGreeaaaaat.
... Maybe it's not just New Year's Day, but for the whole week. Or 3 days? (That's how long it lasts right?) Whatever... you get what this means... whatever you do, set the tone for the rest of the year.
ReplyDelete