I actually think the doctors in the lab feel awkward about "bossing" me around. I know I would. If I were them, I'd be used to doing things on my own. Giving the workstudy student bench work to do would require a lot of explaining and demonstrating, which essentially means a lot of time wasted. The doctors aren't paid to train workstudy students, I understand that. At the same time, if I were a doctor, I would feel like a total douche for giving the workstudy student, who is about to graduate with a BS in Physiological Sciences, some sissy assignment like shredding my old papers. I am at a lose/lose situation.
The old me would think I've scored the best job ever: getting paid to study. Now I want a job where I can LEARN something. Oh. My. Gosh. Is quitting RD's lab starting to sound like a bad move? Nah. I hear RD's took in a bunch of grad students who sit there and surf the internet all day long. Not to mention I hear there's an annoying high school kid who volunteers there. No thanks. I am not running a baby-sitting gig. However there is still a chance to learn something. I plan on going to the lab meeting tomorrow. I come in at 10 and the meeting starts at ten. Going to the meeting sounds a heck of a lot better than sitting around an empty lab with nothing to do. Plus it gets me more involved, even though I'll probably be sitting there feeling overwhelmed with information and like an idiot for not understanding anything, but hey it's called learning right?
With that said, I look forward to tomorrow. I have my 8am musculoskeletal class, work/meeting, then the nutrition course, and finally PETC. It feels good to be back and surrounded by positive influences*.
* My horoscope came true today. Here's a snip of it: "Some social plans ought to be providing you with plenty of good times today. And you're bound to find yourself having quite a good time with a number of different friends and acquaintances, even if some of them might seem to be a bit unpredictable at the moment." I had a couple of conversations with the doctors today, all had great input and stories to share. And one was unpredictable. Okay, let's start keeping tabs on how often the horoscopes come true.

No comments:
Post a Comment