Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Looking Out For #1

I am extremely bitter and so I need to vent.


I remember the first time I wanted to seriously quit Coffee Bean. It was two summers ago, and my hand had developed an allergic reaction to the sanitizer. It got so bad that I couldn't do my homework. Annie some how managed to convince me to stay. And that was when everyone started telling me to quit. Everyone was telling me that I should just quit, the extra money isn't worth it, and that Annie is just looking after herself and her store. I ignored them. And I was right. I was right because Annie saw that I reached my tolerance level one day, and said that it was okay for me to leave, and she cancelled my shifts for the rest of the week. She let me go. No hard feelings. I still visit Coffee Bean and Annie and I still talk.


So everyone warned me against Annie, but what about Lame-O? No one ever said anything about Lame-O, since this is just a campus job. But I certainly got dicked around this week. I got sent over to another building, on the outskirts of campus, to help out Lady. Lady had the impression that I am now her worker. I asked Lame-O about this, and Lame-O said no, I am only suppose to help Lady until Lady no longer needed help and then I could return. Turns out Lady has a shit load of work for me to do. Lady knows that I would rather work at the lab, so whenever Lady says we can split my schedule so I spend time with Lady and Lame-O, Lady always has to add on and say something about how much work there is and how much Lady needs my help. WOW, right? And of course Lame-O would rather put me to work and get Lame-O's money worth of labor out of me because Lame-O no longer really needs me since Lame-O hired a side kick.


Okay, so I could get a new job, but I don't feel comfortable doing so. I'm not allowed to hold two campus jobs, and I'd rather not tell my interviewers that I'm in the middle of transitioning jobs, and then we'd have to wait for my terminating paperwork to go through, etc etc. That would turn anyone away from hiring me, especially since I will be graduating this year. I could go with the plan and split my time with Lame-O and Lady. But I am so appalled by Lame-O that I really don't want to be around Lame-O. Plus if Lame-O doesn't have anything for me to do, it just looks like a scheme for me to go back to getting paid to do nothing. And that's another thing. Complaining about this just makes me look spoiled. I finally get put to real work and I bitch about it. This doesn't look good on my part, but I am bitter about how I'm just getting tossed into this. I didn't interview to become the department rag doll.


So what am I going to do? I am going to suck it up and help Lady with all the work she needs. I need a good LOR from the Big Boss. Lady leaves me alone to do my work so I'm free to do whatever I want basically. There just happens to be a pile of papers that need to be sort and filed. And, Lady is really nice to me. I could use some work on my organizational skills. I could study and just hope Lady doesn't magically appear behind me. I could easily sneak away for a walk if I ever needed any fresh air. Plus M-Dawg's apartment is right down the street so I can visit her when I need a break. Anyways I was complaining before about NOT having anything to do. I am never satisfied with my jobs. At least I know what kind of jobs I am not meant for. I need a job that involves human interaction. I need a job that challenges me mentally, I didn't learn all the muscles and their origins and insertion sites for nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment