
That's what my old boss thinks of my roommates. I got locked out when I flew back to LA. My new roommate had my key and she was in Long Beach. The other roommate never dropped off her key while she was in my hometown over the holidays. The lazy one was supposedly sick and didn't hear the door bell ringing. So, I left my bag in front of my door and headed over to Coffee Bean. As fate would have it, there were only two people closing that night, Annie and Ellie. Of course, I stayed, kept them entertained, and helped them close the store since they were short one person.
I explained to Annie what happened: why I'm locked out, but it's okay because my friend will pick me up later so I can sleep over at her place. Then she says to me, "Your roommates are like the wicked step sisters. That's what I think of whenever you talk about them... and you're like Cinderella or something.. And it's not just that they wanted you to quit this job, but other stories too..." I had to laugh at that comment. In a weird way, I get how she thinks that.
It's funny because my roommates don't get why I always defend Annie. They think she's the wicked step-mother! Annie is like an older sister to me. She looks out for me. I mean obviously if she likes me she's going to want to keep me around (even if the job is killing my hands.) But she did worry about me: she assigned me to the registers so I wouldn't have to touch the nasty sanitizer AND even though I already quit but helped them close that night, she said I could take something from the store, like a mug or a tumbler since she couldn't pay me. I felt awkward about it since I always take food, so I didn't take any cups. I have enough anyways. This just makes me feel less guilty when I ask for free food or drinks.

No comments:
Post a Comment