So what did he figure out? Long story short, he looked at my plate of cells and realized that there are two different types of cells growing on it. He showed me Shin's plate and asked me to describe the colonies... I said, "They look yellowish, kind of like a mucus-y color.." He chimes in and says "... They're a creamy beige color." Hahah so says the inexperienced undergrad and brilliant PhD dude. So that's what E. coli cells are suppose to look like. He then shows me my plate and asked me to describe the colonies there. "They're darker!" Damn right. They were some gross looking darker yellow smudgy color. I wonder how Brilliant Boss would have described them... So yeah funky shit has been growing on my plate!
Being the absolute nerd that I am, I just had to blog about this. And also include a picture. The funky stuff, that Brilliant Boss has no clue to even what kind of cells they are, some kind of contaminants getting in the way of finding a cure for TB... are the fat ugly circular stuff. I marked one with an arrow. The colonies of E. coli cells with the project vector in them (hopefully they have the vector) are in the green circle with a check mark next to them.
I'm just trying to make science look cool and interesting. Did it work?!?!


No comments:
Post a Comment