Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Breaking Traditions

This holiday season has been the most nontraditional. First off, we got three weeks off for winter break instead of the usual two. I went to Vegas with the girls. I won't go into these details as I got really drunk one night and started yelling at everyone. Which, now that I look back on it, was pretty funny (in my own twisted eyes.) Oh yeah... and yes I do remember running into you Anna!


Exchanging gifts was highly unusual too. I gave my bro his present when I got home (mid-December) because it was a combination of his graduation and Christmas presents. My little sister got me a present (which is weird because she's a thirteen year old who blows all her money on sissy stuff at the mall.) Julie and I exchanged gifts at her parents' house the day before Christmas Eve. Julie, Rudy, and I took advantage of the 50% off on Karmaloop. I paid for the order so in addition to the two sweaters, t-shirt, baby Woody doll, and Blazers... I also got Julie a pair of Creative Recreations and two more shirts. We're spoiled friends.


I spent Christmas Eve at Rudy's place with him, Julie, and Nikki... something I've never done before. I was going to spend Christmas day with my Mom, but she ditched me for her friends at the temple, so Nikki and I spent Christmas going to Grand Century and Lion Plaza because I was craving sugar cane juice. I finally got to spend time with them in SF last weekend. Of course we hit up the Haight and Ashbury district. I love this place, especially the Stussy store. The guys there are SO friendly. You don't get the same kind of service and environment down in LA sneaker spots.


That's all I feel like updating about the holidays. It was good this year. Very nontraditional, but as long as I'm with family and friends, I'm good.


Let's move on to the New Year now. Well, actually the new quarter. I have commitment problems so I like to start every new quarter with new goals. Plus, who really keeps their New Year's resolutions?


1.) Good grades-- good grades lead to good LORs.


2.) Build better relationships, both personal and professional-- again good professional relationships lead to good LORs. Also I think it's time to expand my circle of friends and spend more time with those who matter to me.


3.) Let go of any expectations I have of people-- for example you expect your friends to have respect for you, and not force you out of your room the night before an important exam. But if this does happen you get hurt. BUT if you didn't have any expectations, you would be able to just brush it off because you wouldn't expect any better from people. Does that make sense? Also then, if something good happens, it comes as a pleasant surprise. No expectations.


4.) Figure out what I want to do-- Medicine? Physical therapy? Pharmacy? No just kidding, pharmacy is out of the question. I'm sure it will eventually come to me if I want to go into medicine or PT, so I probably won't waste so much energy debating this.


5.) Manage my money-- No more Karmaloop purchases!... Unless there's another sale and there's a cute Hellz Bellz sweater. I still regret not making that purchase.


My little sister wants to check her Myspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment