Thursday, December 11, 2008

Misleading Horoscopes and More Cute French Stuff

So lately, or according to my roommate, as always, my horoscopes have been coming true. They’ve been pretty spot on and I had been hoping that the past few ones especially would come true since I wanted to do well on my finals.


During my PS138 final with Edgie, he posted a message on the board while we were working on our final. He asked if any of us were interested in gaining lab experience and if so, to contact him before the start of next quarter. So of course, after my final I asked him about it. He told me to shoot him an email and that we could meet later this week to talk about things.


So I write him an email. And for the next couple days my horoscopes keeps saying things about me being more social than usual, how I’ll be able to impress/charm people, etc etc. So I translated this as getting a reply back from Edgie, meeting up with him, and charming the pants off this man and scoring a position in his lab (not like I need more labs under my belt, but to work in a lab that’s actually in my field of study would be nice for a change.) So as I sat there studying for my last final, I kept constantly checking my email like a loser. No reply ‘til this day and I have given up.


So what the hell was my horoscope talking about anyways? It was referring to my peers. After my phy sci finals, I was chatting with Darwin who happens to be friends with another phy sci-er. I didn’t get her name but she’s real chill. She was a 107 UA this quarter too.


Then after my French final, as I walked out I almost tripped over this guy’s foot and the guy who caught me in time happened to also be phy sci-er. And we started talking outside of the lecture hall. I noticed that there was a butt load of French students from the other classes just hanging out. I stayed around and chatted until the final was officially over. CMak bounced, I assumed that she had to get back home to her family, but the other two, who are grad students, had plans to go out with their classes to Palomino’s to celebrate. They invited me along although I wasn’t technically a part of their class. It was cute. I wish our class was tight like that. I always get stuck in a French class where no one gets my sense of humor or has my sense of style (ie sneaker head… hip hop lover.. etc etc.)


So after my final I had the best solo smoke of my life. KarmaSutraSplash… mango chocolate mint ice cream cigarillos.


After that I stopped by Coffee Bean to pick up the Stoll’s Christmas present. And guess who stops by? The 107 UA. We chatted for a bit and she and her roommate left to continue studying for finals.


Interesting couple of days huh? It totally didn’t turn out the way I expected. I can almost say it turned out better, even without the reply from Edgie. It’s just really weird to me because if you see how I am in my classes, I’m quiet as hell. You’d think I was one of those typical unsocial nerdy south campus majors who can’t hold a conversation. For some reason I just act differently in class than I do outside of it. I should change my ways if I want to start making more friends in my major (do I truly want that?) but it would help me get to know my profs better and land those LORs that I’ve been stressing about.

1 comment:

  1. I can't think of the last time I had a horoscope come true, so you're one up on me

    ReplyDelete