Today, the students who chose to do a performance instead of a paper for Teo's class performed. One of the performers invited her friends to come and watch... And it turns out they were Christine and one of my phy sci classmates (I feel like a total douche for not knowing her name... damn.) Anyways the classmate and I start talking about finals... then the subject of midterms came up.
So for Phy Sci 138, some kids did very poorly. So bad that Edgerton let those kids redo their midterms. I did okay on the midterm. I didn't do horribly nor did I do great. Neither did the classmate. Then we realized well what if these kids ended up getting a higher score than us? That's not fair. If that's the case then we should have all had the change to redo our exams. With that said, after Teo's class I stopped by Edgerton's office.
I walk in. I say hi. I ask how he's doing. And amazingly, he greets me very warmly. I would honestly love to have him as a grandfather. I told him about my concerns with the midterm scores. He looks at me... pauses for a bit. Then he gives a funny smile and you can see a little twinkle in his eyes and asks me, "Do you want to redo your midterm?" Simple as that! I didn't have to cry, beg, bribe him with gifts... RIEN! At first I replied, "Well, wouldn't it be unfair for the other students who didn't get a chance to redo their exams for a higher score?" He then explained that he was under the impression that everyone who wanted to redo their exams did have the chance.
You canNOT imagine the relief I felt. I really wished I could have stayed longer to chat with him, but he politely shoo-ed me out because he had a meeting to get to. And by the way, he does remind me of Santa Claus. He's got the white hair, white facial hair, the glasses, and I'd say he's a jolly old fella. I sometimes wished quarters were longer because I never get enough time to get to know my professors.

sweet!
ReplyDelete