Friday, May 29, 2009

Ching Ching Gettin' Paid Over Here...

Thirsty? Baby, bring it over here!
(Name that song!)


So tonight at midnight Chef turns 21. Chef, Mango, and I will be at Palomino's enjoying their late night happy hour and will be taking pictures of Chef getting carded.


This is perfect timing because:
1.) I got paid this week
2.) Ell paid us our rent money, so I have cash on me for once
3.) I'm seriously craving calamari and beer right now
4.) Next week is my last week of school and I plan on being tipsy/drunk every day in French class. What better way to kick off the upcoming week of alcoholism than a 21st birthday celebration?


With that said, I would like to conclude this post by saying thank you to my dad's side of the family. By luck of the draw, I've inherited my dad's copy of ADH and ALDH. This means that my body can metabolize alcohol like a normal person and so, therefore I do not get the Asian glow.


Boo yah!


Sucks to be my brother. He's inherited his alcohol tolerance from our mother... who turns BRIGHT RED and passes out after one beer. (I know this for a fact because [I swear she's a good mother, she just messed up this one time] for some reason she decided to have a drink and passed out on the couch on the day of my senior year dance recital back in high school. I had to drive myself to school. I was a bit bummed because I had a duet with another senior and together we were the two "top dog" modern dancers at our school and she missed the performance. I miss those dancing days. Maybe I should have double majored with dance... but then I'd be in school for another year and they've increased tuition and cut Cal Grants. Fuck. Chef are you almost 21, yet? I want food and liquor!)

4 comments:

  1. missy elliot.. ching-a-linggggg.

    and damn you for your non-Asian glow... it's about the ONLY did I did not inherit from my dad... (and hoping losing lots of hair/pre-balding by 50 ain't one either!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sing this song at work every other week when I get paid. Unfortunately all the researchers/docs are much older and don't listen to Missy Elliot so I sound like some ghetto child ready to spend her most recent pay check at the club every Thirstday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Turns bright red & passed out after one beer. HAHAHAHAHA. I used to not believe that...think the person drank way more & was being untruthful about that...but no, I have seen it...
    I like Missy Elliot.And I find that song funny.~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary- Yeah the song is pretty funny and I feel ridiculous singing it out loud, but hey I can't help it. The song is catchy and having money in my bank account makes me happy. HA.

    Annie- Actually it turns out I'm allergic to certain sea foods. I went to happy hour with an old roommate, ate some sea food and drank a bunch of mixed drinks... and my face and arms turned red. It was weird.

    ReplyDelete