Jro and Ely worked the closing shift at the Bean. Uzi was dead tired and napped at my place. Lucky and Wiggle had the night free. And I had two days worth of French homework and a presentation to prepare for the next day. We all some how mustered up the energy to head over to Ely's and Air Force's apartment at one o'clock in the morning to spend Air Force's last night in LA with her. She was already in bed and didn't bother to get up and join the festivities. Lame, right?
I'm sad to say that Air Force missed out on an AMAZING night of delinquency at it's finest. First off, we taught Lucky and Wiggle how to play land mine, a game that the surfers taught us the evening they found us at the Bean and invited us over for a game of beer pong. We played Apples to Apples, which is one of our favorite games to play while drunk. We played football on Wilshire Blvd. I left my mark on the streets (no, I didn't urinate on the street. I'm classier than that. I just rearrange some street ornaments) and everyone sprinted back into the apartment. I got SO paranoid. I thought I heard an alarm go off as we ran down the street and back into our building. I puked on the fire escape. The night/morning ended with bodies sprawled all over the living room floor.
Then came Paix, Ely's three year old son. He wakes us up with a warm smile and laugh. Lucky and I jerk ourselves up. Fuck, the alarm never went off. Lucky had work at the Bean at 7 am and I had a 9 am class. It was 6:45 am and I was still drunk. As I rushed out the door, I looked behind me to see Ely on the floor, JRo being a gentlemen on the couch, and Paix sitting next to his mother saying bye (he loves to say bye for some reason.)
Wow, for once I acted like a normal college student. (And by the way, I missed my 9 am class and realized that French class is like 7873635474 times better drunk.) I haven't had a crazy night like this (well, the night with the surfers was fun too) in SO long. I just wanted to document this so I can look back and remember the great times I had with the Beaners. And, I am excited to say that there will be more memories to come. I've decided to stay in LA and go back to working at the Bean while searching for a real job. I figured having some sort of income is better than having none at all. Living at home would be easier but I have more connections here and I'm not ready to leave LA. Also, I'm considering moving in with Ely. This is exciting. I would be starting a new chapter in my life in a new part of town, exposing myself to brand new environment. We'll see how this all unfolds. Happy Friday, everyone.
p.s.
That picture up top? From left to right, je voudrais vous presenter: JRo, me, Wiggle, Air Force, and Uzi.

I haven't had a night like that in about 20 years. Miss it. I have to say. Miss it A LOT
ReplyDeleteYou are more than welcome to join us next time!
ReplyDelete