Sunday, May 10, 2009

Month in PREview

I have one month left before I get tossed into the real world with the letters BS next to my name. I am quite proud of the major I chose because it's not all stuck up and snobby sounding like MIMG (Micro-something Immunology M [no clue what the second M stands for] and Genetics) or MCDB (Micro, Cellular, and Developmental Biology). It's Physiological Science (Phy Sci for short.) It's not a complicated name but scientific enough to sound damn impressive.


This is what I have in store for my last month as a Bruin:

May 14- Janelle Monae & The Elevaters Concert @ Royce
May 15- Fly home to the YAY AREA!
May17- Celebrate week-late Mother's Day with Mom.
May 19- No Doubt Concert with Lion and Pen
May 20- Catch 6am flight back to LA and ace my French Exam at 11am
May 24- Jam Day for Reggae Jazz Fest
May 25- Reggae Day for Reggae Jazz Fest
June 4- Ace my Abnormal Pysch final
June 5- Ace my Biology of Aging final
June 9- Ace my French final
June 13- Listen for my name and walk across the stage in the Court of Sciences!!!
June 19- Head down to SD to watch my friend Lan graduate from boot camp! He joined the Marines. I am SO proud of him!


It's going to be a month packed with great music, family, acing my finals, and celebrating (sans alcohol when the fam's around... okay maybe just a drink or two.) This is only to be followed by a month of moving all my stuff to an apartment in K-Town with Ely and the two cutest kids ever, Lil J & Paix, and the never-ending job search. I think I've made the right decision to stay. It feels good.


And of course, Happy Mother's Day to all the amazing mothers out there. I don't know how you do it, but you all some how make everything work. Just know that as much as we kids whine, cry, kick, and scream (I still do this to this very day with my Mom), we love you and promise one day to finally make our own beds without being told to do so.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh I'm impressed at your major. I hated physiology and I only took one class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oOo i like his style... it's so dang sharp... don't know if i could ever pull it off without looking spasmodic... haha.

    i'm finding a lot i like on youtube... suckin' up my time from studying..
    oh youtube.

    YOU'RE ALMOST DONEEEEEE

    ReplyDelete