
... which is a negative PCR colony. Basically I've tried twice to clone this piece of DNA and twice I have failed. Also, the ladder leaked into the next well, so that means I failed at making a proper gel. (I apologize for the amount geekiness.)
Failure is also:
... which is an email from Stanford, telling me that the position has been filled.
One more:
Okay, so I'm not the type of student who complains about an A-... but I deserved an A in Nutrition. For one... my exam scores were pretty darn good... and the class is a joke. So now even if I get a 4.0 THIS quarter, I won't graduate with the GPA I wanted. Phy Sci 167: Nutrition... psshhhh. It should be renamed as Biochemistry -873: Old-Guy-Who-Likes-To-Talk-About-Colored-Food.
But everything will be okay. I am an optimistic person. Because this week:
1.) My French prof finished writing my LOR. She put it in her box for me to pick up so I can mail it when I plan on applying to med school. The letter is currently in my backpack. She put tape on the envelope. Does that mean she doesn't trust me? What if she wrote something funny about me? Can I trust her letter? I swear... it's the French teachers that are out to ruin my future (remember that French teacher from high school who wrote me a letter for Yale? Maybe I should just trash the letter...joking.)
2.) I applied to a handful more jobs.
3.) My friend gave me a 6 pack of beer in exchange for my old lab papers. What a true sign of friendship.
4.) My favorite friends are coming to visit me this weekend!
Have a great weekend everybody. I know I will.

a lot of schools ask for tape over the seal and then a signature over the tape for letters of rec.. so you're not weird.. haha.
ReplyDeleteWell, hang in there. Enjoy your failure-free weekend!
ReplyDeleteEvery letter I ever recieve has tape on it. To include referral from my doctor.
ReplyDeleteI don't get it. And I usually rip the tape off and explain if I'm asked.
Annie and Kylie: Thank you for reassuring me about the tape. I figured the signature over the seal is good enough, but I guess not. Can you guys tell how neurotic I get when it comes to grad school apps? Can't wait till it's actually time to apply!
ReplyDelete