Saturday, April 25, 2009

It's the end of the week...

And still no message or phone call. BUT the story does not end here.


On Friday I joined Ely, Joie, Paix, and JRo on a road trip to Long Beach (to drop off Joie and Paix) and then we drove to LAX to pick up Air Force (Yay! She's back in LA for 2 weeks! Just graduated from tech school.) On the way down to Long Beach, I decided to call the PI from the interview last week. Before I called I had to plan out what I wanted to say so I wouldn't start bawling on the phone as he tells me I didn't get the job.


I called. I asked him for an update. PI starts to go on this long spill... In my head I'm thinking: "Is he trying to let me down slowly because I don't get where this conversation is going..." It turns out he hasn't made his decision yet. THERE IS STILL HOPE! So I'm still playing the waiting game, which I have learned is better than getting a rejection. I thought getting a reply would be better because the waiting really sucks and I would be able to move on, but after getting another e-mail from Stanford about another position being filled... I figured my chances of getting an interview with them is slim. I know I shouldn't, as ChAnnie puts it, put all my eggs in one basket. So I will continue to apply for jobs and hope for the best.

... And try not to piss off Buddha any more because I must have done something to deserve this random string of bad luck that I've been experiencing. Actually you know what? I can blame this all on NikBi (because you know, nothing is ever MY fault.) NikBi has this lucky money hair. I know this sounds weird, but she has a strand of hair on her face and I guess in Asian cultures, it's known to give the person good luck with money. And she fuckin' lost it. It may be coincidence, but after she lost it... Julie's tire got messed up and because of the rims, it's going to cost a lot of money to fix it... NikBi's car also needs work, there's something wrong with the window and anyone can easily pop the window and steal the car or what ever's in it... On my end, my digital camera broke, I lost my expensive flimsy French book, all of my headphones are messsed up (I HATE spending money on headphones, and I refuse to shell out $200+ on a pair of shure headphones), my Crackberry is acting up, I can no longer receive any text messages, but any text messages sent to me that I don't receive will still be counted toward my monthly 400. Lame right?

No comments:

Post a Comment