It was there yesterday. Then this evening Ell and I went to drop off some homemade cupcakes to Bex... We walked out the back door of the apartment complex... And my bike was gone! They left the lock... My first reaction was to yell.. and then laugh. It's pretty funny. I was planning on selling the bike anyways because the gears were getting messed up. The gears don't change smoothly and while I was riding home from the beach last week, the chain fell off and I bruised my leg. Man... I can't believe someone would steal my bike. I'm sure it was one of the construction people. They work all the time on the building next door and they probably notice that I rarely ride it anymore. This is extremely funny because freshman year I had my bike stolen. Well, not stolen but taken away because I left it chained where I wasn't suppose to leave it. The campus workers had to do some lawn work and I guess my bike was in their way so they cut the chain and trashed my bike. No big. I got that bike for free anyways. Damn... I'm so bummed someone would take my bike! It was a nice comfort bike, a Diamondback. Yeah it was a bit beat up, but all those times I rode it to volunteer at Westwood Physical Therapy... all those planned trips to the beach this spring quarter... all gone now. I hope those thieves get what they deserve. Hopefully while changing gears, the chain falls off, and the rider hurts his/her leg.
With the crappy gears I probably wouldn't have been able to sell it for much anyways. Man... I'm still disappointed that someone would take it. It's hilarious that as an adult I've had both of my bikes taken away. Maybe it was never meant to be. Maybe I'm destined to ride bigger and better things... like the Audi R8. Oh yeeaahhh....
karma's a bitch. broken bike. DOH. hehe.
ReplyDelete