Thursday, August 14, 2008

Estelle



Estelle... I have yet to get sick of her album Shine. Get her bio here: http://www.estellemusic.com/
In a nut shell... worked in a record store... got her start rapping in London (like Kano... this happens to be a total coincidence that I've chosen two London rappers to write about.) Now she's the first artist to sign under John Legend's label, HomeSchool. Her album is amazing. Her voice takes you back in time with a very classical feel good homey smooth vibe (If any of that makes sense! hahah but listen and you'll get what I mean.) When she raps, you get a whole different feeling. You can really hear how her parents' heritage affect her music with the reggae and African sounds in some of her tracks. She'll be in SF and LA in early September. Those of you in the bay should definitely check her out at the Independent while those here in Socal need to hit me up about going to go see her at Key Club. I want to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment