Sunday, November 23, 2008

STAND UP! Just like that...

Those words are taken from the song "Stand up" by Ludacris... because today I STOOD UP ON MY BOARD! I mean I'm still working in the white waters and I stood up for like two seconds, BUT I did it more than once and I know what I did wrong last week. Anyways the tide was low so even if I did stand up well, I could only ride the wave for a few short seconds.


So what I fixed this week: I was too far back on my board. However one time I was too far forward, the white water hit me and I flew out in front of my board... the second wave in the set came in and my board hit my smack on the left side of my head. Yikes that hurt! Also I found out what I was doing wrong with my pop-up. I hate to admit it, but Howard was right. When I do my pop-ups, I arch my back and do a bit of a body roll before getting onto my feet (hey I can't help the body roll) and that was the problem. That body roll takes too much time and energy. So today, I kept my back straighter than usual and shot my feet forward and VOILA! Two feet on the board. I was low, but still... UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment