Friday, November 28, 2008

Being Bad Ass with Ethel

I've decided to name my surfboard Ethel. I chose Ethel because it has the letter E on it (for Estrada Shapes) and because I wished it was bigger. No offense to people named Ethel, but you know how some names just give an image of a hefty person, ie Bertha? Again, no offense to people named Ethel or Bertha. And also I chose Ethel because she was Lucy's best friend on the I Love Lucy Show which I grew up on. Anyways, my name is Phuong Thuy.. how more Viet can my name get? I'm sure when people see my name at the top of my resume they think I'm some scrawny Asian with glasses who can calculate the derivative of multi-variable equation faster than your TI-83. That or some Asian with dyed orangish-blond hair and a rice rocket boy friend... HOLLA!


For the past two times that I've gone surfing... I realized how bad ass I must look when I take off my wetsuit and my shoulder tat is revealed. I'm waiting until I can REALLY surf to show off and score myself a surfer hottie. With that said, maybe I should make it a requirement that whoever takes Ellen's spot in the apartment drives me to the beach every weekend to go surfing.

1 comment:

  1. Ethel tooooootally reminds me of I Love Lucy. Does that make you Lucy? I want to be Fred.

    ReplyDelete