Saturday, March 7, 2009

Taking a break from studying...

I finished reading through a chapter of upper extremity injuries. Which was very helpful for my term paper on weight-bearing injuries of the upper extremities. I wanted to focus on b-boys, but I only found three case reports on PubMed. No love for the b-boy community at all. When Whiting asked who are most prone to wrist injuries (we were discussing ulnar deviation and ulnar variance), the whole class replied gymnasts. I was about to say b-boys.


Back to my break on this lovely Saturday afternoon. I wish I was out at the beach, but next week is a killer. 10th week will be worse than my actual finals week. So, time to buckle down and get some work done. Of course everyone needs a study break so this is what I did on mine:


I cleaned my room.





Close up you can see two French books and two copies of SneakerFreaker. Both were gifts so I kept both. Also, a bottle of Kai vodka, my first bottle I legally bought on my 21st birthday, which my roommates opened and drank without me. Damn beezies. The other two, Grey Goose and Barcardi Razz are from my 20th birthday.



This is the side of my bed. It's usually littered with lab papers, articles, textbooks, random notes, etc.



I made some food. The tacos weren't bad. The tacos I made for the PETC cook off were much better. As you can tell, I'm trying to make my diet more colorful to make sure I get enough of those phytochemicals. But of course, being a college student, I don't always have time to eat right. In that case I take these:



Here's a picture of our torn up hammock, where I sometimes go out to relax/study/nap.







This is where our creepy neighbor lives. He comes out every once in a while to smoke. One time they were having some party, probably complete with champagne and cheese and crackers. We were having a party too. But their party can suck it. We had beer. And strawberries. We chucked the leafy parts into their pool.


I bought these last quarter.



I broke open the last cigarillo. I'll probably finish it and quit smoking. I promise!



Time for some random photos. Here's Ethel. I've mentioned her before in my blog.



I keep her downstairs because I share my room and there's not enough room for a third roommate.


This is what I do when I get tired from studying. Look Mrs. MC! My standing leg is turned out!



Last photo to share:



Woody and Buzz. I got the tattoo (it's a sheriff's badge) to represent my best friend, whose favorite character from Toy Story is Woody. My favorite character happens to be Buzz. She got me the Buzz themed car for my birthday. And yes, Toy Story happens to be one of our favorite movies.


END.

ps. FUCK. I just realized everyone can see my address in one of the photos. No matter... all of my info is open to the public via the directory. I feel so vulnerable. Can't the department get my info another way so I don't have to release all of my personal info?

1 comment:

  1. i love the decorations in your room! i never have the motivation to do all that, but if i did, it would look like YOURS! =)

    ReplyDelete