Oober Boss is not in today, and she did not even bother to leave me a list of things to do or a courtesy e-mail. As a work study student I realize that my job is pointless. But I am a cheap form of labor and am great at filing, organizing (pay no attention to my room), running errands, taking phone calls, etc etc. I do the less important things so you "important" people can worry about other stuff.
When I am late, I will send you an email letting you know. If I have to miss work, I will let you know with at least a week's notice. I will even offer to get you food when I go get lunch. Never have my work study bosses done the same for me. Okay, so Annie doesn't tell me when she's out. But my job at the cafe can go on with out her. As a work study student with no direction, no projects to work on, zilch, if you don't leave me a list of things to do, and I need the hours, I have nothing to do. I will clock in these hours and get paid to do nothing. And being the person that I am (I know I'm blogging on the clock) I feel guilty for getting paid to do absolutely nothing. At least shoot me a courtesy e-mail so I know that you won't be in. So that I know, I can sit around carefree and study, or go back to the lab, or whatever. But to take the day off, leave me with nothing to do, when first of all YOU stole me away from the lab because you said you needed so much help here, is down right ridiculous, stupid, and a waste of my time. I am thankful for the day off so I can study and get paid for it, but I am bothered by the lack of respect.
Okay I am done venting. Time to plug in the head phones, organize this pile of random papers from Oober Boss's desk, and then work on my lab report. Au revoir!

No comments:
Post a Comment