Thursday, March 5, 2009

Art

Just in case you guys missed it... WARNING ABDC SPOILER AHEAD...


Congrats Quest Cru and Beat Freaks!


I had to say congrats to both, but technically, Quest Cru won tonight. But everyone has to agree that BOTH crews tonight are champs. Quest may have taken home the title, but the impact that Beat Freaks has made on the dance world this past season is undeniable. And believe that both crews will continue to inspire everyone around them.


Watching dance inspires me. You can tell me any rags to riches story dealing with medicine and becoming a doctor, but it won't inspire and move me the way dancers do. Not that I regret the route I chose. I love my major. I love learning about the human body. And I want to help people who are sick or injured. But there's something about dance. There's something about the arts that moves my soul. I think it's the fact that these artists give up everything they have for their passion. And I really admire that courage. I could have put more effort into dance. Who knows where I'd be now if I did. But to give up everything, and abandon my dreams to become a doctor/physical therapist/whatever, was too much and I was selfish. I wanted to keep both medicine and dance as a part of my life. So if you were to look at my degree progress report, you'd see a slew of science courses and a bunch of random dance classes that I took here and there. I don't regret the choices I made, but I wish I was more involved with dance. I watch these artists and they are making a change/difference NOW. I still have to wait before I can make my impact. I've always been a bit impatient with things. Life is short and I want to make sure I make a difference in the world.


I honestly believe that the soul is not complete without some kind of art form. It can be writing, dancing, singing, painting, whatever that gets you to express yourself. I feel sorry for people who don't have some form of art in their life. They're missing out on something, a feeling that cannot be achieved through anything else. That feeling of letting loose, letting whatever that's in you to just flow. That feeling is art and it is priceless and one of a kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment