Sunday, September 28, 2008

Camping Tips

I went camping at McGraph's this weekend with the kids from the Bean. It was fun, but it wasn't real camping.


Tips:


- Bring a radio (we kept ourselves entertained but a radio would have been nice. Matt did bring his guitar and Jorge played it while Russell sang. With that said, a radio isn't that important if you have musically talented friends.)


- Go camping near one of your friends' house (Russell's place was a drive down the main street. His family was amazing. His father is a firefighter who surfs. His mother is an angel who can cook for the gods. We had dinner the first night. The next day after the beach outing, we went to his parents' place, planning only to pick up some more chairs, and ended up soaking our bodies in their jacuzzi and staying for dinner for another night.)


- Arrive at the camp site during the day time (We arrived at night.. could barely see anything... and no body knew how to pitch a fuckin' tent and most of us had never been camping before. All in all, if was fun figuring stuff out in the dark.)


- Alcohol and s'mores are a must (Not much to explain here)


- Be careful with the kids (Being a bunch a adults ranging from a 20 yr old to a couple of 26's, we don't share scary stories. Fuck, all we did was sit around the camp fire, drink, and talk about sex. Which is great because you get a couple of laughs and some interesting pointers. Problem is, camping is a family thing... and when you're drunk you don't realize how loud you're talking and how late the kids are still up. HAHAHAH. We didn't get yelled at by parents but I just thought it was interesting how we all woke up the next morning and there were kids EVERYWHERE.)


Eh, that's all I can think of for now.. but as you can tell I had a lot of fun this weekend. We also went to the beach. Jacque, Russell and I tanned. Then the whole lot of us split up into teams and got into a heated football game. I am so sore right now from the game. I don't think I've ever been this sore from track, volleyball, or dance. Had some great Venture-native food (Steak & Hoagies and Eggs 'n' Things) Sorry no pictures.. just great memories.

2 comments:

  1. lol surrounded by kids! hi larious. Lets go get your surfboard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. was there any throwing of the football at all? absolutely preposterous if you didn't.

    ReplyDelete