I fly out of LA on July 8. Going to kick it with the friends for a couple of days. Then, that weekend we're taking the Durango back down to LA to pick up the rest of my stuff that I can't take with me on the airplane. Finally, it's so long LA.
A part of me is dying to get to that job at UCSF (yeah, still haven't heard back yet.) It seriously is THE perfect job for someone in my situation. Another part of me doesn't want it and would rather be offered the job here at UCLA. It doesn't offer as much as the UCSF job, but it's still a good job nonetheless.
The other night, I went out for dinner with the Coffee Bean crew. We did the whole usual meet up at the Bean, go get dinner, and of course the night ended right where we started, at the Bean. I met the new trainees. We sat in the back parking lot. Chilled. Chatted. And that's when it hit me. And boy did it hit me hard. I am not ready to leave LA yet.
Okay, this is freakin' ridiculous. Emo RIDICULOUS. I'm going to slap myself out of this. I've got stuff to pack. Chemistry to study. Lunch dates to pig out. Sun to soak in. LA. SF. SJ. Wherever I end up, it doesn't matter. I am my own success.

I'm sure you'll rock wherever you go.
ReplyDeleteLA will miss you!! Let us know when you're in town.
Well, whatever you do, GOOD LUCK. :]
ReplyDeleteYou can do it. Keep telling yourself that.
;]
Go you! You are your own success!
ReplyDeleteIt's funny becaus I usually feel that way abou Warsaw - like I'm still not ready to leave. But lately, ugh. I've wanted to get the heck out of this town! I guess that means it's time for vacation.
Thank you all for the support. Even though I am drunk at the moment, the feelings are real.
ReplyDeleteAnnie- I love you as an older sister. Thank you for all your support and I only wish the best for your family. You are seriously a soldier and a role model for me to look up to. (I am the oldest sibling in the family so that means a lot to me that I can look up to you)
AD- Hey kiddo. Thanks for the good luck wishes. Best to your college years!! Seriously enjoy it all. It will pass you like nothing.
Kylie- My fave mommyblogger. I always appreciate your input. If you ever find your way to SJ, Cali, I will make sure my momma fixes you an authentic Viet meal. Keep those kids off the rum cake!!
Update: (if you don't follow me twitter or are friends on Facebook, I didn't get the job I really wanted at UCSF. All is not lost but... time to move on... I will be home and surrounded by those who love me.)
ooo best of luck!! I'm sure you'll have an awesome time in your new destination! :)
ReplyDeleteThey say change is as good as a holiday! (I'm not sure who "they" are, and if they've actually BEEN on a holiday... but whatevs, it's positive!)
:D
You ARE your own success!
ReplyDeleteAnd I laughed really hard at 'emo ridiculous'.
WOW. I really shouldn't be drunk blogging/twittering/Facebooking anymore....
ReplyDeleteAsOnly- "Change is as good as a holiday" Interesting. Moving home will definitely be like a holiday compared to grad/med school if I get in in a couple of years!
Sally Sal- I'm glad you liked it! I wasn't sure if "emo ridiculous" made any sense at all. But that's what popped into my head at time and I kept it.
Emo RIDICULOUS? Surely not, nothing is. Surely.
ReplyDeleteI've always wanted to see L.A. some day.
You can't leave me here! No way! Help, come back!!!
ReplyDeletestones: It took me three years to get used to living here. Hope you make it out here someday. When you get here, you have to drive through east LA with 2Pac rapping through your speakers. Hella G.
ReplyDeleteBern: Yeah, I was hoping to take that produce picking class with you.