- Remember the SF one that I thought didn't go well? Well, it looks like I'm still in the running because they contacted my references. Should find out about this job in a week or so.
- The job that I really REALLLY wanted? They contacted my references yesterday and I was hoping to find out today. No call yet. Maybe tomorrow? ::fingers crossed:: (I called Friday and the doc was oober busy. He could still be calling references today.)
- NEW INTERVIEW! I have an interview tomorrow with a lab on campus. ::fingers crossed::
- Another job got back to me. They've narrowed the field down and decided that if one of their first picks isn't the right fit, they'd contact me. This job is in the LA area. I'm not too hopeful about this, but since they even remembered to email me back, it must mean they're willing to give a recent grad a chance and that there was something on my resume that they really liked. I'll take any chances I can get. Hopefully they get back to me before I move back to the Bay.
So with all of that... I am getting frustrated that I have not bagged a job yet. How many opportunities is it going to take?!?
Brighter news... I am a free adult. I am no longer a student. Nothing to study for (MCATs in January) No reason to get up early in the morning (Actually I've been waking up early to go jogging.) And here's how I've spent my days:
- Went down to San Diego for Boot Camp Graduation.
Marine was straight pimpin'.
We were all pretty damn proud of him.
- The friends from SF came down and we went to the beach.
We tried to get the dog to pose, but she kept looking off in the wrong direction. That tiny poodle thinks she's a security dog. It's quite funny watching her bark at men and big dogs.
- We went to the happiest place on earth.
Here I am texting. I had important business to take care of that obviously could not wait till after the ride.
Alright that's it. Peace out. Hope everyone's summer has been going well!

looks like you had an awesome time! I love summer!
ReplyDeleteI used to LOVE that feeling when school was all over. Looks like you had a great time but I have to say those tea cups make me nauseous.
ReplyDeleteNice pics. Especially the teacups.
ReplyDeleteYour doggie looks hot. Did she/he take a dip??
My schnoodle would NOT want that. A bird bath, maybe...
Mr. C: Yeah, I love summer too. I'm a summer baby. The beach is the one thing I absolutely love about SoCal. Other than that, my heart belongs in NorCal.
ReplyDeletebern: Yeah I was pretty dizzy after the ride and some kid kept running around in front of me. I wanted to smack him, but since I was at the "happiest" place on earth, I decided not to.
Amy: I think the dog is afraid of water. She's not mine, but my best friend's. I spent two hours on the beach by myself checking out the surfers as the other three hung out on the beach mat. I doubt any of them went into the water. Also, schnoodle?
thanks for the encouraging words =)
ReplyDelete