Friday, June 5, 2009

I would like to graciously thank...

whoever has been blessing me. I can barely fathom the amount of of good/lucky events that have happened within the last two days.


Yesterday, I got an email from UCSF. Usually when I get an email from USCF, it's an email telling me that the position has been filled. This time, however, it was email inviting me up for an interview. AN INTERVIEW WITH UCSF. How amazing does that sound? I quickly booked a flight (found round trip tickets for $120, not bad for a last minute flight, eh?), nevermind that they asked me to come up on Monday, the beginning of finals week. My French final is not until Tuesday afternoon, so this all worked out perfectly. I will be flying up to SF on Sunday morning. Spend Sunday studying/preparing for my interview. Monday is the day of the interview. And finally, I fly back to LA Tuesday morning with a few hours to spare before my last final as a college student.


With that set, I needed to buy a fancy leather portfolio and some fancy resume paper. Luckily, my friend gets a discount with the student store and today was the last day for her discount. What luck right?


Then just before I punched in the code to get into my apartment building, which is a dead zone and receives no reception for T-Mobile or AT&T, my phone goes off. It's an unknown number and I decided to pick it up anyways. Guess who it was. It was another person from UCSF. After a few questions, I was offered an in-person interview. TWO INTERVIEWS WITH USCF. I managed to get this second one scheduled on the same day as my first one, saving myself an extra flight up to the Bay Area.


I feel like this is just too good to be true.


That is all for now. The next couple of days are going to be BIG. Have a great weekend, everyone.


Nam mo a di da phat.

14 comments:

  1. damn. good luck!! you'll rock it!

    dumb down your coolness and turn on your nerdiness! (if these are lab positions) =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. youll be fine! And ill visit wong's bongs and thongs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the good luck wishes.

    One interview really sold me the job and hopefully I did just as well selling myself (not a referencing to whoring myself. Though I would do it for this job.)

    Annie: I tried to turn on the nerdiness. I got the doc to laugh and he even started relaxing around me. I heard the word "ass" come out of his mouth while talking. I think that's a good sign.

    Mr. C: I'll make sure Roger puts you on the VIP list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is awesome. I'm so so so hoping you get either job. You deserve it. Wow, what a great week it was, is right

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of luck. Am I allowed to ask what the interview is for?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I love that feeling where everything seems to be falling into place...good luck!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the wishes. I really hope I get it. Hopefully I find out soon. Otherwise... ughhh I'll go into some kind of emotionally depressed spiral.

    Neil: Both interviews were for research positions. I'd tell you more, but I'm a bit superstitious (last time I blogged about my interview, I didn't get the job despite the fact the interview lasted for two whole hours.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This reminds me of a quote that appears on the Humanities Building at UCLA. “Nothing is too wonderful to be true if it be consistent with the laws of nature.” Michael Faraday

    Best wishes for your success - hope you get the job you want!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congrats!! that sounds like good news to me!! best of luck on your interviews!
    it sounds like it's going to be a busy few days... but definitely worth it! have fun jet setting around :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keli- Great quote. I love north campus. I used to go there and study outside, to "fit in" with the north campus majors. South campus was just too depressing.

    asonly- yeah it was definitely busy, but definitely worth it! I forget how much I like to keep busy like this. When I have too much free time, I get real lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here is hoping you get the better job. I find if I do NOT think something is too good to be true, I flow with it and work it better. Too much awe & I run the risk of screwing it up. Dr John linked to you so I popped over. ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cookie- Still don't know yet. I should find out today. The doc said he'd call Monday, but didn't because he was checking all of the candidates' references. I was so anxious and nervous last night, I woke up scratching my hand.

    Mary- Yeah, I'm trying not to psyche myself out. I try to stay calm and cool, but on the inside I can't help but freak out a bit about making sure I do everything perfect on my part. Thanks for the advice and for hopping over!

    ReplyDelete