Saturday, November 7, 2009

Guardian Angel

I like to think that I have a guardian angel (GA) watching over me. GA does a great job of taking care of me. I look back on my short 22 years of life and I can't help but think..."Damn. Someone up there really loves me." I'd list all my luck but then it would just sound like I'm being a co.cky bastard, which I can be at times.


So overall, my GA does a great job of keeping me out of trouble. However, sometimes GA can't seem to make up it's mind about whether or not I deserve to have a social life. I'm finally out of college, but I still spend the majority of my time studying. After four years of studying, working multiple jobs, and sleep deprivation you'd think GA would show some sympathy and let me enjoy my 20s, but no...



Example 1: The guy from the bar (SB)
I met him Friday night and we spent over an hour chatting. We had dinner Monday night and made plans to hang out again on Tuesday. Tuesday evening came and I didn't get any messages from him. Was I being stood up? No. My cell phone wasn't working. So Tuesday was a bust and so was Wednesday because I got caught up at work.



Example 2: Work
Besides playing with mice all day, I get help out with this tumor database that Dr. Jane is building. We're trying to collect as many samples as possible. Whenever there is a case, Dr. Jane sends me into the OR to collect the samples. Dr. Jane talked to Boss and Big Boss about me helping her out and the two bosses aren't excited about it. They really want me to focus on the mice, so whenever there is a case, I try not to let it interfere with my main responsibilities. There was a case this past week and I jumped at the opportunity to help. I didn't tell Boss about it because it was a last minute deal. I got to the OR, collected the samples, and decided to stay for a bit to watch some of the surgery. I started talking to this cute doctor. Okay, so all I could see were his eyes, but he was tall, well built, had a nice voice, and those were some cute eyes I was staring into. That's when GA decided that I was having too much fun at work and my phone went off. It was Boss calling. I ignored his call. Next, my pager went off and that's when I knew it was time to go back to work.



Example 3: My friends
We made plans to meet up for dinner Friday night, the night before my practice MCAT exam. I never made it to dinner. There were two incidents on the Caltrain that evening and I got home two hours late. Instead of having dinner with friends, I spent my evening on a long train ride with my o-chem book.



GA, if I were somebody else, you'd be fired.



----------------------


I wanted to take the time to say thank you to everybody who still read this blog. I feel like the lame kid who tags along at the end of the pack, struggling to keep up with all the cool kids. I do read blogs daily. I have Google Reader on my phone, but commenting can be a hassle. On some blogs it won't let me post anything. On others, the comment box is a pain to deal with and I don't want to be seen blogging at work. So thanks again to everyone who take time out of their day to read my blog and post a comment. I really do appreciate every comment I get. Also, if you check your stats and see that someone has been on your blog on a Saturday for 10-20 mins longer than needed to read a post, that's probably me. I've been catching up on blogs while watching college football and sometimes I get so consumed in the game that I jump out of my chair when a big play happens and forget about the computer. Just FYI so you know that it's not some crazy stalker staring at your profile picture. Or is it?

1 comment:

  1. That' funny that you want a new/better GA. Sucks that not everything is working out. And I hated O-chem!

    ReplyDelete