Saturday, October 10, 2009

Honesty.

It's a quality instilled in me by my mom and some times I think it's a curse. I can't tell a lie. If I do, you can see it in my eyes. I can never get away with anything mischievous so if I'm up to no good, I make sure to keep it on the DL. Miss Solo Dolo if you will.


Lucky me, the honesty in me has been presented with the Honest Scrap Award by the bo0bie saving, tea drinking burlesque dancer known as mysterg. Ladies click over and be prepared to be charmed.




The Honest Scrap Award rules are as follows:


1. “The Honest Scrap” award is not one to hold all to your self but it must be shared!
2. The recipient has to tell 10 true things about themselves in their blog that no one else knows.
3. The recipient has to pass along this prestigious award to 10 more bloggers.
4. Those 10 bloggers all have to be notified they have been given this award.
5. Those 10 bloggers should link back to the blog that awarded them.



10 true unknown-until-now facts about p-huong


1.) I think spending money on a hair cut is a waste. Hand me a pair of scissors and I'll fix my hair up myself. Anyways, if I mess up, I've always wanted to shave my head bald.


2.) I go crazy for a man in a clean white collared shirt (tucked in of course with a shiny belt buckle.) The guy has to have a particular body shape for this look to really make me drool: broad shoulders with a smaller waist and no hips.


3.) I have an embarrassing little girl crush on Jesse McCartney.


4.) I have no idea what 1/4 of my ethnicity is. I am 3/4 Vietnamese, but I don't know who/what is my maternal grandfather. The family never speaks of him, I've never seen a picture, and my mom never mentions him in any childhood stories. My grandmother has mentioned him once and all she said was that he was not Vietnamese. My mom gets very sensitive about her past so I respect her wishes and don't ask about it unless she wants to tell me about it.


5.) In middle school, I used to wish that my hair had split ends because I was so bored in science class and had no split ends to pick at.


6.) I can drink a liter of beer in one sitting. (Yeah, this was unknown to me too until the other night.)


7.) I've hit a guy in the nut sack with a volleyball.


8.) I ditched a study group to go have dinner and smoke out at Venice Beach. I was so gone, I thought the airplanes flying into LAX were really search helicopters.


9.) The very first time I went clubbing, I went to a gay club (I was outnumbered) and walked away with a straight guy's number.


10.) I miss being able to go to the beach at night. I used to go alone because it was the only thing that would relax me. I miss LA.



Now it's time for me to pass this award on to 10 other bloggers:


1.) Annie @ simply complicated, yet complicatedly simple


2.) Sarah @ The Good, the Bad, the Ugly


3.) Tiff @ The Water Bottle


4.) Bex @ An Enigmatic Enumeration of Events


5.) Lucy Filet @ Slightly Cracked


6.) Cookie @ The Cookie Jar


7.) anymommy @ Is There Any Mommy Out There?


8.) Kristine @ Wait in the Van


9.) WA @ Wendi Aarons


10.) Sal @ You. Me. No adult supervision...



C'est tout. I think my head hurts more from picking 10 facts and bloggers than from reading about nuclear chemistry.

5 comments:

  1. 9 = score! And I've posed a similar story on my blog awhile back.

    What does nuclear chemistry involve?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had vietnamese friends growing up, but they were 100%!

    Heh maybe you descend from royalty somewhere and if you find out, an assassin will come after you. But you will then speed away on your bike dodging bullets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. why can't we switch places?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! Thanks for passing it on to me ;)
    I don't like to pay for hair cuts either. I let mey roomie cut my hair once. Now I usually do it myself. Dangerous,I know.
    And that is funny about drinking 1 liter of beer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and I almost forgot, I got a Samsung Reclaim. So now I can go online with my phone... well in theory I can. It took me 15 minutes to figure out how to turn it off today so it wouldn't ring during my class. Yup, I'm just that smart ;)

    ReplyDelete