Friday, December 31, 2010

What's up for 2011

** I started this post in December and am finally finishing it up now



I'm already out of foolproof ideas so don't ask me how to get started; it's all uncharted...


I remember being SO excited for 2010. This was the year I took the MCAT for the first time, started applying to medical schools, met an awesome guy at the bar, and landed a salary paying job WITH BENEFITS... I was starting my career and my adult life.


Now, I sit here as the year is coming to a close and I feel no sense of accomplishment. I feel more lost than ever with what I'm doing with my life. I sit here still with no acceptance to any schools, not enough money to finally move out of my mom's house, no idea what the next step is besides waiting. Wait for someone to accept me into medical school. Wait to save enough money to gain back my independence. Wait to figure out what being 20-something in a time like this is suppose to be like. Am I suppose to have my career started by now? Am I suppose to have a family before I enter my 30s? Will my eggs "go bad" by then? What am I suppose to be doing with my life? What's my next goal?


I have no fcukin' clue.


And surprisingly, I'm okay with it all. It's just so different. For the first time, I have no idea what the new year will bring. I don't know what's the next step. When I was a kid, the next thing was always to survive the next grade level. After high school, it was college. After college, it was to find a job. And now a year and a half after graduation... what's next? ::shurgs... completely lost look on face::


I'll try to come back with a more uplifting story. Not that I'm depressed, I'm just flowing through life right now. I do have some big plans. There's an LA trip planned for next month. SB and I are going to visit our homelands this summer (Philippines and Vietnam. My FIRST time traveling outside of the country!) Life is good. I guess the next thing in my life is learning how to just live and stop stressing about having some goal or constantly trying to achieve something.


Amusez-vous bien!

1 comment:

  1. You're way too young to be stressing about that stuff, P. Wait till you're my age then start thinking "Hmm maybe I should get my ass in gear, now!" :) Just go do all the fun crap you can while you're able to because before you know it you'll have all these responsibilities and stresses and you'll wish you'd just relaxed more now and gone with the flow. Seriously!

    ReplyDelete