I'm reaching the point where I don't know what I want to do anymore. I thought these interviews were suppose to solidify my choice of going into medicine, but instead it's just left me feeling... eh. But here's the thing: I don't know if I'm feeling this way because I have some kind of defense mechanism in me activated and I'm not willing to face the fact that I'm just not cut out for medicine. Like a form of denial... Or maybe I'm giving up, but just don't want to face it and feel like a failure.
There is a glimmer of hope; I haven't been rejected from all the schools yet. I'm good enough to not be rejected right off the bat, but my app isn't impressive enough to be granted an interview right away. I've emailed a bunch of schools asking for an update and all of them who have replied said that my file is still under review. I think they're waiting to see the whole pool of applicants before they reach a final decision for me, so until then all I can do is wait. And waiting sucks. And feels like lost hope. Delusional, almost...f*ck.
Okay, okay... It's the holiday season and let's not end the year feeling down in the dumps now. I finally paid my credit card off in full! I can probably pay off the rest of my student loans in the next couple of months! Everything at the Banana Republic Outlet was 50% off! My boyfriend is coming back from his homeland! I have $260 worth of credit with Virgin America! Trip to LA? Trip to FL? Let's not forget my colleague's wedding next month! Lots to feel good about.
A colleague introduced me to Mayer Hawthorne... a white boy who sings Motown! This is so far my favorite song from the man:
This song never fails to cheer me up so I hope you all enjoyed it. Happy holidays every body!

No comments:
Post a Comment