Yes, they did. I checked my account online (I forgot I made one with them.) They had the Bentley place on file. FU.CK ME. I am already late on my first payment. On top of that, the numbers didn't match up. SM says I owe (let's make up the numbers) 545K. On paper I only see two loans of about 120K each. I checked my other loans. The university says I owe about 15K. I found papers that added up to nearly 68K. Then I found some papers about a loan I canceled. So, how much do I really owe and are there any other loans that have not yet been accounted for?
I ordered a credit report online to check. Nothing on there added up. It wasn't up to date with my credit card balance. The amount on the report for SM didn't match with my online account or my papers. It didn't include my other loan. Oh my goodness. I am getting a headache. On top of that, Lion's hook up flaked and tickets for OVO sold out on Gold Star, so I had to pay full price for the tickets.
Of course, when there's a low, there's a high. My very smart friend, let's call her Dr. B, sent me a link. There's a website that tracks all of your student loans. How freaking fantastic is that? From there, the numbers finally matched up with each other, even the loan I canceled is on file. I took a closer look at all of my accounts and reports. SM charged me a late fee, which was only 4 bucks. I checked my credit score and am damn proud of it. I paid more than double the amount I would have had to for OVO, but the official website shows you your exact seats, so I picked out some pretty good seats.
Now I am finally relaxed. I have some online training to do for the NY trip. I have to clean up the mess I made. I have papers everywhere on the floor, but it's okay. My mind is at peace; Money matters have been straightened out. And yes... this is how lame my weekends have become. Have a great weekend everybody. Stay warm. Don't drink too much tonight.

NY? What's the trip for? Tell my parents I said "Hi" oh sure I could call but in person u could give them a hug on my behalf
ReplyDeleteGlad u got ur numbers straight
The trip is for work. I get to play with fancy machines that shoot beams. It's pretty high tech. I have to have my iris scanned every time I enter the room.
ReplyDelete