Monday, December 14, 2009

Here's my advice.

As fate would have it, once I received my M1 endorsement and December paycheck, I stumbled upon a Craigslist ad for the perfect bike: a yellow Kawasaki Ninja 250 (without the lame red flames) well within my budget. Sure, it was a bit older than the others advertised, but for the price and knowing this would be my first bike, it was perfect.


A lot of the guys at work ride, so I decided to ask them for their advice for the meet up. I know nothing about bikes besides the fact that they are the epitome of bad ass. Boss said, "Make sure you test ride it." No kidding, man.


Later that week, Boss and I had a busy day in the mouse room. It was just him and me. All day. In a room with no windows. And a bunch of rodents. It actually wasn't that bad. We had lots to talk about: the holidays, going to school, our dream jobs, motorcycles, commuting (we both live a long ways from work)...


Boss: "Hey, you want my advice? Here, I've got one: find yourself a boyfriend who will drive you to work and back home. That's my advice!" (AKA he secretly wants a sugar momma to chauffeur him around.)


I laughed on the inside. If only he knew... well, he eventually found out...


At the holiday party, SB made his debut. We had plans to hang out after work. After I found out about the holiday party, I told him that if he could find a parking spot, he should join the festivities. He piggybacked his way into the building and it was so crowded, security didn't bother to stop him and make him sign in. I showed him around, we grabbed some food, and I introduced him to some of my colleagues who were eating by us. The other colleagues were all the way across the floor. They stared, pointed, and asked questions. Boss was bombarded with questions. Everyone assumed Boss would know who the party crasher was since I spend the most time with him at work.


The following day, Boss was going over all of our planned future experiments with me. Eventually, the holiday party came up during our discussion:


P: "Oh, so that was SB. We've been going out and he usually takes me home after work. Hey, I took your advice! Well, half of it. I still need to find a better way to get to work."


Boss (laughing): "See... It's good, right? You should always take my advice!!"


Yes, Kuya Boss is always right.


So SB and I have been going out and it's been going well.


Well, the relationship is going well. I, however, feel ridiculous. All of a sudden I find myself constantly thinking about him. Everyone who knows me in real life would say this is a huge surprise. (Psshhh, I don't get like this over A GUY.) I like to think of myself as an independent woman, with a good head on her shoulders, who has a promising future ahead of her, and one who can out-drink the guys (I really can't but I put in a good run. I know when to call my limit. Puking is not classy.)


Changes are happening within. My day doesn't feel complete if I don't hear from him. I go to sleep wishing he was next to me. I wake up wondering if he had a good night's sleep. I forget all about the senseless San Ho drama when I think of him. Love songs hit a spot that I never knew existed. It's pathetic.

10 comments:

  1. You're embarrassing us with your girlish tomfoolery!

    I'm kidding. I want to meet little Francesca sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah have you gotten to the "I love you" yet?

    I think you should redeem yourself by slugging down some bourbon and punching a wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw no, it's cute miss P. And you got a bike? You ARE badass. I had one all through college and after although it's hard to call it badass when it's only a 50cc Honda and it has effing PEDALS. It was a 1979 moped that used to belong to my room mate's dad back in the day and that he sold me for fifty bucks. It had a top speed of 30mph but you could squeeze out forty on a downhill stretch. But I loved that thing. The freedom! I never bought insurance for it the whole time I rode it either, oops! Don't do that though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwwwwww that's too adorable. glad to hear you're on cloud 9.

    that's sweet that he drives you ALL THE WAY home. =)
    so far he's a keeper.

    i need to hear more about him soon.

    but until then, STUDY FOR YOUR DAMN MCATS! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. @bex: HAHA. She's not little. But yes, hopefully soon.

    @Mr. C: I don't have any bourbon in the house. I'll just down the little bottle of vodka and give my brother a fist pump instead.

    @Veg: FIFTY BUCKS?!? I think I bought my used Diamondback bike for more than that... and then it got stolen. You're getting me excited to ride my bike. I can't wait for spring and summer time.

    @Annie: Yes, ma'am!! Dude, he'll drive all the way here just to have coffee with me. Awwww... ok ok gotta snap out of this and study. I want to finish off two lectures today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's not pathetic, it's adorable!

    But everyone knows a bike isn't really a bike without the go faster flames.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's great. I want me some of that, I do. Enjoy him, enjoy the fact that you found someone you are clearly crazy about, like it or not, yes, that's right, you're crazy about him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @mysterg: The original red flames are lame. I wanted flames outlined with Swarovski crystals.

    @bern: There you go chucking nuggets of truth at me because I'm too much of a wimp to admit it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your boss sounds like a nice guy...and he's right, you should totally use your new man for free rides. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Mama Kat: MAMA KAKA!!! (JK JK) Yeah, he's real chill. I couldn't have asked for a better boss. It also really helps that he mainly works at another campus so he's never around to breathe down my back while I'm working. Not that I'm not trustworthy, but it took off a lot of pressure when I started this job.

    The great thing is that SB really doesn't mind driving long distances. He actually enjoys it.

    ReplyDelete