Pooh and Kenneth finally tied the knot. Kenneth came home for Labor Day weekend and they booked the first available time slot at SF City Hall to get married. I knew they were getting married on a weekday and was extremely bummed that I wouldn't be able to witness the "ceremony." All of a sudden, I received a missed phone call and text from Pooh: Where are you? We need a witness!! Are you fucking kidding me? I thought Lion and Pen were going to be there? Well, they couldn't make it (ladies and gentlemen, this is what happens when you mix friends who like to do things spontaneously with friends who are more thought out: Schedules clash and who's there to save the day? ME.) Luckily, I work in SF and Boss was no where to be found. So Pooh and Kenneth picked me up from work, I took an extended lunch, and those crazy fuckers finally got married:
All in the city where they started their lives. (Birth city San Jose, doesn't count. Our lives started the day we moved out of that hell hole. I miss LA....)
Next up...
I passed my motorcycle riding course!! Now all I need to do is take the written test at the DMV and I will be given an M1 endorsement. One step closer to getting my bike. And one step closer to moving out of SJ. (I plan on moving out next year. As soon as I save up enough money, I'm moving out to save my sanity. I need to stay focused on studying for the MCATs and SJ is not helping. Call me selfish if you will, but I have to take care of myself first before I can start helping others.)
So, remember my lotus tattoo? Ultimately, I want to expand that tattoo and turn it into a quarter sleeve. I want to keep with the Buddhist theme and have decided the next symbol I want to add to my arm is the Wheel of Dharma. I still need to do more research to complete the idea and begin the design. It took me a whole year to come up with the lotus design so this probably will take me even longer since I haven't had much time to work on it.
With a new arm tattoo in mind, I really need to get my arms, and whole body, back in shape because next on my list of things to do is... take Muay Thai classes. I am going to be one bad ass Vietnamese chick. If you ever see an Asian lady with a lotus tattoo next to a yellow sport bike hanging out with a bunch of surfers, talking about the latest medical break through and looks like she could kick your ass with her bare hands, that'll be me.
It is supposed to be a blazing hot weekend. It was hot as hell yesterday (I wore a sleeveless shirt... and two of my colleagues asked me if the lotus was a real tattoo. The medical field is so conservative.) and I hear the heat wave is to continue. Please stay hydrated and happy.
PS Happy early birthday to my momma-who-is-most-likely-going-to-ditch-the-family-for-her-new-man-friend!!!





"Oh my doctor? She's a motorcycle riding, kung fu fighting, tattoo wearing, surf riding doctor... yeah I know, but she's awesome."
ReplyDeleteDaaayumnnn. Congrats in the impending M1. Don't skimp on the tat details, I wanna know when you get it.
ReplyDeleteWow! SOunds like a lot of cool things happening!
ReplyDeleteI was thinking about getting a tattoo but never decided what to get. I'm jealous of people who know what they want.
And congrats on the motorcycle too!
okay, I am now going to sound like your mother:
ReplyDeleteplease, please be careful on that motorcycle
@annie: "Oh the physical therapist I'm referring you to? She's one bad ass hip hop dancing lady who will surely KICK you back in gear!"
ReplyDelete@bex: Ell passed her riding course this weekend. Let's start a gang with Stella.
@Cookie: Thanks! Tats take a lot of thought and I never rush the ideas. Hopefully you find inspiration some where and get one!
@bern: Yes, momma I will. If I were still in LA and if I were to get into a motorcycle accident, my first though would probably be, "Hmm I wonder if I finally get to meet Jessica Bern. I hope she has a funny story about her daughter to share with me when I'm in the emergency room. I think I'll ask her to sign my cast too."