Sunday, September 19, 2010

Quick rant, then it's back to work.

Lion: R U still at home?


p-huong: Yup. Still working on apps.


Lion: Jesus!


Sorry for the lack of updates, folks. I've been fairly busy at work (you know, lazy project manager, lazy technicians, supervisors covering for their own behinds.)And of course, applications. I applied to 30 different medical schools, a good mix of allopathic and osteopathic schools. For those who are not familiar with the process, I have to submit a common primary application that gets sent out to all the schools and then the individual schools invite me to fill out a secondary application (that is if they like me or if they just want to take more money from me.) After the secondary application, if the schools are still interested in me, I'll get invited for interviews. The application process itself will take a year... primaries open in June... secondaries get sent out late summer/early fall.... interviews start in the fall and continue through spring of next year. It's nothing like applying to undergraduate programs.


So that's why I get SO unbelievably annoyed when I get comments like that from my best friend. Yes, O. M. EFFIN' G. I am still working on applications. I am still waiting to hear back from schools. I am still waiting (and praying) for interview invites. It's a lot of hard work and needs a lot of attention. I just can't write bull shit essays. Sure I can reuse parts of essays, but do you realize how many essays the adcoms read? I need to stand out. I need to put my best pen to the paper and write my ass off. I have to get creative and not bore my readers. I need SUPPORT FROM MY OWN FAMILY AND FRIENDS. Instead of texting "Jesus!", how about a "good luck." Or better yet, include a smiley face to make me feel better because really, that's all it takes to make me feel better.

Hope everyone had an amazing weekend :)

1 comment:

  1. good luck =)
    i know you can do it.

    and i miss chatting with you... but i understand you are busy. hope you and your man are doing well. =)

    talk to you when this hell is over.

    ReplyDelete