A while ago I wrote about moving up to San Francisco. I think it's time to admit that I'll never move up to the city. The cost just isn't worth it, especially with this new living arrangement I have; I sleep over SB's for half the week. It's really nice because I get to spend more time with him, I get to sleep in, and I get to avoid that hour train ride home. Win. Win. And win.
Things with SB have been going very well. I even got his best friend's approval! SB told him about my b-ball skillz and he basically said I was a keeper because I ride a motorcycle, watch college football, and have a pretty good jumper. BANK.
I've made some changes to my lifestyle. I cut out bagels and beer from my diet in addition to cutting back on pastries. I'd cut out baked goods completely from my diet, but my baby sister is always baking. I never stay past 5:30 at work, so now I get home in time to fit in a run around my neighborhood. I believe I said this before in a very old post: I want to be a hip grandma surfing with her grand kids, so I'm trying to take better care of my body. That and I don't want to be like my mom when I get to her age. It scares me to think that I got half of my genes from her. Don't get me wrong. I love my momma. I just don't want to be exactly like her.
I finally took Francesca to the shop. I got an oil change for her, a safety check, and a new headlight bulb. She runs much better now. I also took her on the freeway for the first time! It was scary and exciting at the same time. I was so tense. I felt that if I loosened any muscle, the wind would have knocked the bike over. It is possible to take a 250 on the freeway, but I admit I'd feel much safer with a bigger bike. When I wear down Francesca, I'll probably buy my next bike straight from the dealer. No more hand me downs.
Okay, now I feel like I've wasted your time because let's face it... my life is getting lame. I've got a good flow going in life. Good things are happening, just nothing too exciting. Oh wait, did I mention that SB is taking me to Vegas for my birthday? And to make this post better, I've decided to share a picture. This is me way back in the day. My head isn't so square shaped anymore.


Fool, adcoms barely have time to read your application, much less go out of their way looking up extra info about you haha. Don't sweat it.
ReplyDeleteAw to think that tiny little cute thing grew up to be a motorcycle wearing badass like you! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm happy everything's going well and that you're getting all fit and sassy. My old bike was only a 90cc and wasn't even allowed on the highway. Come to think of it, that's probably a really good thing...
when is your birthday? I'm going to vegas for my bday also... once with the sister and once with the new boy. oh boy. =) glad things are going well for you. i miss you!
ReplyDelete@bex: Just goes to show how illogically paranoid I can get. Hahah.
ReplyDelete@Veg: I almost thought about cutting out cheese out of my diet, but thankfully came to my senses. I tried cutting out American cheese, but that's all we have at home. That lasted for about two days.
@Annie: I'm leaving for Vegas on Wednesday. My birthday is tomorrow! Dang girl, going to Vegas twice? Have fun!!